Google Apps Scripts help you to automate your workflow very easy. By Using Google Scripts you can make your work very easy. Becoming a Google Apps Scripts Developer is not as much hard as people think.
But most of the problems people face is unverified Google Apps Script error when they write their first script. So i’m going to teach you how you can approve your first unverified Google Script. It’s not as much difficult but you need some time and mind to do so.
To get started with your first script you need to write the script and Connect it with Google Api. But for that its must to be the Member of someone Gsuite or You can get your own Google Gsuite Account. When you sign up for it you will get $300 to spend them on GSuite so its the best offer by Google for the Beginners who want to do something in real.
But According to Google guideline its must to have this account to get your apps verified by Google. So before that you can’t verify your Apps for Public users.
How to Verify Google Script
To verify Your first Google App Script you need to follow the Steps Below.
- In the Apps Script editor, select File > Project properties > Scopes. Make a note of all the scopes your script project uses.
- Ensure that you have access to the Cloud Platform project for your Apps Script Project. If your project resides in a Team Drive, you must associate it with a new Cloud Platform project.
- Access the API Console by selecting Resources > Cloud platform project… In the dialog that opens, click the top link, which is typically something like [Script Name] – project-id-123456789012.
- Select Credentials in the left-hand nav bar.
- On the Credentials tab, make a note of the Client ID for the Apps Script OAuth client.
- In the upper-right corner of the API Console, select ⋮ > Project settings.
- Make a note of the Project ID for your Cloud project.
Most verification requests receive a response within 24 to 72 hours. When verification of your OAuth client is confirmed, your app is verified.
After this your Script or WebApp will be verified by Google inc. and anyone with the link can use it. Another important thing is that you must have a Website with Custom Domain i.e .com, .net . org .pk domains are not supported yet to please avoid to use them. You can Get your Website setup for free Click here.
If you dont know about these stuff or dont know how to do it you can simply use this method or Hire me for your Project.
Please note that if you don’t verify your app you will face this issue but use the below given method to approve app and whenever anyone will visit your app he will face the same issue so you have to do it to use addon or web app.
Hope so this method will help you to create your first google app script and help people to automate their work.